Monday, December 5, 2011

A Heavy Heart

This weekend was a tough one.  In amongst the fun we had with the holiday season, getting our tree, decorating, eating cookies, I received some terrible news.  A long time friend of mine was killed in a car wreck.  I can't stop thinking about him, crying for his family and trying to convince myself that everything will be okay.

It won't be okay.  He is gone. 

The memories are what I cling to and even though I haven't seen him in a while, he is one of those friends.  You know the kind...you see every once in a while and pick up right where you left off.  The true friends who know you and like you anyway.  And vice versa.

Shaun was a great person who I have shared so many memories with.  I feel like a grown up today.  Grown ups have to deal with things that are hard.  This has to be one of the hardest things I have had to deal with ever.

Shaun, I hope you sleep in heavenly peace.  Your smile is with me now.  We will pick up where we left off...eventually.  All my love!  

No comments:

Post a Comment