Thursday, December 15, 2011

Don't Forget to Say It


I have spent a lot of time this past week telling people I love them.  I come from a family who says it a lot.  My mom says it about 10 times every time we talk on the phone.  We are a very outward loving family.  I like it.  I like the idea that people don't have to question where they stand with me.  If I love you, I tell you.

I saw a lot of faces this past week that I haven't seen in years.  High school friends who have meant a lot to me in the past and that continues on with me now.  I love them because of the experiences we have shared together.  I love them because they were a huge part of my growing up process. 

But seeing everyone reminded me that they may not know how much I love them.  So, I was telling people.  Leave it to me to make people feel weird. 

My point here, if you love someone, tell them.  You may not have another chance.  Love comes in so many different forms that it is ok to tell someone and not have them thinking you want to get all romantic.

Say it if you mean it.  I love you!  Such a nice thing to hear!  And if you can say it with coffee, even better in my book.

1 comment: