Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Animals Around the Bay

We like animals.  Well, we sometimes act like animals too so maybe we can relate. I have been known to call the boys my "monkeys."

I wanted to share a few spots in the Bay Area where we have visited some animals in the past few weeks.

The Oakland Zoo was one place I had never been and wow, it was really cool!  We will definitely be going back.  Super kid friendly and not too overwhelmingly big.


The boys spent a lot of time in this tunnel leading to the prairie dogs.  I have to admit, they fascinate me too.  So cute!




And just last weekend, we headed out to Tara Firma Farms in Petaluma.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but along with some great info on eating healthier and sustainable agriculture, we got to see some very cool animals.  Baby chicks, piglets, chickens, cows and goats.  The boys had a good time exploring the farm.




I have to admit, there is a little bit of country girl in me too.  I really enjoyed being out there.  And the baby chicks were cute!  No pics though, I was too busy snuggling with them.

If you have suggestions for places to see animals, I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment