Thursday, January 26, 2012

Under the Tuscan Sun

Have you seen the movie Under the Tuscan Sun?  I love it!  It is one of my favorites and I could watch it over and over again.  Oh, wait…I do.  Extra bonus, Conn likes Diane Lane, so he will watch it with me.  Anyway, there is a quote that I adore from that movie and it is on my mind today.
“Signora, between Austria and Italy, there is a section of the Alps called the Semmering. It is an impossibly steep, very high part of the mountains. They built a train track over these Alps to connect Vienna and Venice. They built these tracks even before there was a train in existence that could make the trip. They built it because they knew some day, the train would come.”
As I have mentioned, I like change and feel great when new things are thrown at me.  I heard somewhere the other day that people are happiest when they have small changes and novelties in their life.
This quote is on my mind because I would like a small change.  I don’t know the details.  I am not sure how it will all fit together.  I just know that I am ready to grow a bit more.  Learn, grow and change just a bit.
2012, I am determined to make you a year of new opportunities.  Not sure what they are yet, but I am building the tracks.  One day I hope to make it to a new peak of the mountain. 
Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment