Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ode to Traditions

I have been thinking about traditions lately.  I really love them, no matter what time of year.  Obviously, the holidays are when I think of traditions the most, but I hope to create some great traditions for our growing family throughout the year.

Conn and I talk about it often.  I really think that these little things make the most of the time we spend together as a family.  I have started birthday plates for the boys, which is not a tradition I grew up with, but love just the same.  I hope the boys will look forward to eating on their very own birthday plate every year.

I hope to do Sunday dinners of homemade pizza where everyone can top theirs with whatever they like.  Our campsite in Calaveras County is another tradition we have started. We are happy to spend many summer days there, relaxing, swimming and having outdoor fun.

I don’t want to force any traditions to happen, but I feel that the bonding that happens within a family is directly connected to the time spent together.   I have wonderful childhood memories of summers spent at Pismo Beach with my family.  Experiences like these live with you forever and keep a family close.

Three cheers for traditions and savoring moments like these!!













dscf0790.JPG


 












dscf0786.JPG














 



1 comment:

  1. I love traditions too. I love all of you, too!!

    ReplyDelete