Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering

It was a wonderful weekend with friends and another day I will have to post the great time we had crossing something off of our bucket list. 
But it was also a weekend of remembering.  Remembering those who are no longer with us and those who risked and gave their lives saving others.  I have never been to New York, but the imagines I see every year on this day since September 11, 2001 are unforgettable.  I know that I would like to get to ground zero to pay my respects and to remember.  I am moved by the stories, the sad stories and the stories of survival, the children, the mothers, the fathers, the friends and the loved ones.  I cry every year like it was the first. 
On that day, 10 years ago (wow has it already been 10 years) the country was changed.  Definitely on our bucket list, not just a trip to New York City to see all the wonderful things, but a trip to New York to remember.
In the meantime, we will never forget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment