Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanks and Giving


This time of year most of all, I am thankful for the life I have.  I lack for nothing.  I have healthy food for my children, a roof over our heads, generous and loving family and friends and much more.  Teaching this to a three year old is not easy, but as time goes on I hope both boys know how much we can be thankful for.

This time of year also reminds me of how many people are not as fortunate.  As a mom, I can't help but think of children who don't have enough to eat or clean water to drink.  Children without food and water for their little bellies is something I have a hard time with.  It is painful to think about and I wish I could do more.  I donate to my local food bank and to an international organization call Heifer Project International.  A friend turned me onto this organization a few years ago (thanks Britt) and I like the idea of helping families become self reliant with animals. 

So, this Thanksgiving, I am giving thanks and hoping to make a difference for someone else out there.  I hope you give back a little too.

Happy Almost Thanksgiving to you and yours!  Smooch them lots and give bundles of hugs!



photos via swoonstudios.com and apartmenttherapy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment